Italy, only one defeat with England in official matches.  But for bookmakers ...

The two national teams meet after the European Championship final: the Azzurri lead the Nations League group and have precedents in favor From Wembley to Molineux Stadium, from London to Wolverhampton

From the final of the European Championships – a night of glory and celebration – to the Nations League group challenge, with a veil of nostalgia for the Azzurri fans looking back on what happened just under a year ago. England and Italy meet for the first time after the success of Roberto Mancini’s team on penalties in the match that awarded the Euro 2020 cup: there is an air of revolution for the Azzurri after the failure to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar and the Our National team must defend the first place in Nations League group C, while the Southgate team started badly – only one point won – but they are working with a view to the next World Cup, in which they aim to be among the protagonists.

The moment

The present and the near future of England and Italy could not be more different than this, after the paths of the two national teams crossed on the night of Wembley. Since that moment, the Azzurri have been lost: the four draws in the next five matches, in the qualifying round for the World Cup, forced Mancini’s team to go through the play-offs, with the sensational home defeat against Macedonia. After the blow against Argentina, things seem to be going better in the Nations League: a draw against Germany in Bologna and a victory against Hungary in Cesena. England lost to Hungary – their only defeat after the European final – and drew with Germany.

Previous

England and Italy have met on 28 occasions in their history, including 19 in friendly matches and nine in official competitions. The overall balance smiles to the Azzurri, who have won 12 times against the eight of their opponents; always eight even the draws. In official matches – as noted by OddsChecker – the national team has lost only once against the English, in the qualifying round for the 1977 European Championships: seven wins, including last July in the European final, and one draw. In general, Italy’s last defeat dates back to 15 August 2012, when under the leadership of Cesare Prandelli they lost in a friendly 1-2 in Bern (goals by De Rossi, Jagielka and Defoe); then from that moment two wins and two draws. THE ODDS – Despite the gap in the group rankings and the previous ones, the operators trust England a lot, given the favored with rather decided percentages according to what analyzed by OddsChecker. The English success is proposed with a 56% chance, against the 21% attributed to the Azzurri; 23% instead for the draw. The bookmakers, in line with what the formations have been expressing in the last period, do not expect a match full of goals: the Under 2.5 is evaluated with a 61% probability, against the 39% estimated for the Over 2.5. Slightly more balanced are the odds relating to the eventuality in which both teams score: the Goal is at 57%, the opposite sign instead stops at 43%.

.
#Italy #defeat #England #official #matches #bookmakers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.